BPR spoke with three Forest Service employees who worked on wildfires throughout the WNC communities they call home.
March was a very bad month for wildfires in North Carolina, a forestry official told state leaders Tuesday. A normal March ...
A series of deals between federal and state agencies, finalized last week, will allow the North Carolina Department of ...
At April’s Council of State meeting, North Carolina Commissioner of Agriculture Steve Troxler called on the General Assembly ...
Crews will continue mop-up operations across the Black Cove Complex on Thursday, April 3. Firefighters will focus on ...
People like to start fires,” said Robert Scheller, a forestry and environmental resources professor at N.C. State. “We’re ...
Explore more
The Burn Ban, issued by the N.C. Forest Service, went into effect on March 21 due to threatening forest fire conditions.
As his first 100 days in office come to a close, Stein talks about rebuilding, federal aid, and the long road ahead after ...
RALEIGH, N.C. (WITN) - The statewide burn ban has now been lifted. Effective at 8 a.m. today, the Department of Agriculture said conditions across the state have improved with recent rainfall.
North Carolina has lifted the statewide burn ban. It went into effect on March 21 due to hazardous forest fire conditions.
According to the State Forest Service, burn bans have been lifted across North Carolina. The original mandate went into ...
Due to improved weather conditions, the North Carolina Forest Service has lifted the statewide burn ban. The ban started on ...
Some results have been hidden because they may be inaccessible to you
Show inaccessible results